You have valuable content on your website, but do you know if it’s being read? Or read by the right people? Even the best content won’t achieve your marketing goals if it doesn’t reach your target audience. By branding stories on lohud.com, you can ensure your stories reach a highly engaged local audience.
What is Branded Content/Native Advertising?
Branded content, also called native advertising, matches the unique look and feel of a publisher’s site so it fits seamlessly into digital environments. Branded content is not brand-biased and focuses on informing, rather than convincing, a target audience. These branded stories are most often listed in the form of “suggested articles” on popular websites. Branded content on your local or state newspaper’s website is one of the most successful, effective forms of native advertising because:
- Native advertisers experience a 33% lift in perceived credibility for native on well-regarded news sites.
- Newspaper digital audience has grown twice as fast as the Internet audience in the past 12 months.
- Newspaper content is 50% more likely to be retweeted than all other local media, including television & radio.
Source: IAB/Edelman, Getting In-Feed Sponsored Content Right; comScore, January 2015, Source: Dedicated Media Insights “The Power of Native Advertising” 27 Sept 2013.
Central New York Media is the only vendor for branded content within Central New York's top source for local news . Branded content is typically provided and authored by the advertiser, and appears simultaneously on lohud.com’s desktop, iPad and mobile web platforms.* These stories are clearly marked with brand logos and ‘Sponsor Story’ headers to differentiate them from the newspaper’s editorial content. Therefore, advertisers utilizing branded content not only educate and inform their target audience, they also build brand loyalty and authority.
*Native advertising options also available in Central New York Media print publications.
Benefits of Branded Content
- Enjoy guaranteed, quality media placement —native ads are undetected by ad blockers
- Break through the clutter of other digital ads and gain attention by local audiences
- Match both the form and function of the user experience in which sponsored content is placed
- Educate, inspire, entertain or inform your audience on Iowa’s top local news source
- Engage in a way that adds value to the consumer relationship
- Position your brand as a thought-leader and seek brand affinity
- Determine what branded content is engaging users most and use this information to develop future marketing strategies
Why Branded Content?
Many local and regional brands sponsor articles on blogs or other online publications with large preexisting audiences that are global, not local. In other words, they pay for reach that won’t affect the bottom line. More Central New York residents chose Central New York Media as their No. 1 source for local news coverage. When you brand a story on our websites, your content will reach a local, affluent audience:
As a part of our native program, we offer a promotional plan that drives traffic to sponsored articles, ensuring they get engagement.
Source: Omniture, Jan.-Dec. 2015; comScore, Jan.-Dec. 2015
Get your branded content seen by the right audiences!
If you are interested in establishing a branded content program with Central New York Media, contact us or call 607.798.1325 today